Our calendar year runs from the beginning of September through mid June.
Our students come from Holliston and many of the surrounding towns. Our low student to teacher ratio is intended to ensure a “blessed beginning” for children while promoting creativity, self-esteem, pride in accomplishments, independence and a solid foundation for their future learning.
We offer morning programs for children between the ages of 2 years 9 months and 6 years.
You may choose a Tuesday/Thursday session, Monday/Wednesday/Friday session or Monday through Friday session. All sessions operate from 9:00 am-12:00 pm.
A "Lunch and Learn" program takes place on Mondays and Thursdays, where the children may stay to eat their lunches brought from home, listen to a story and participate in activities related to the story. This program is from 12:00-1:00 pm. A modest additional fee is charged for the extended day sessions.
- To guide children as they learn about becoming part of a community of peers
- To use developmentally appropriate curriculum to help children learn and grow, realizing that they each develop at their own, unique pace
- To offer parents the opportunity to visit the classroom and participate in various school events during the year
- To provide activities that nurture a child's creativity, self-esteem and independence
- To guide children as they learn to solve problems with words and express their feelings
- To treat each child, every day, with the care, respect and love that they deserve
- To give children the time that they need to play, where they may make choices, explore and learn to think for themselves
When we are asked about our preschool’s curriculum, we realize that there is no simple answer! We develop our own curriculum, relying on our many experiences with young children as our best resource. To give the curriculum structure, we use the MA Department of Education’s Early Childhood Program Standards as a guide, along with some of the strategies from printed curriculums for preschools. We keep in mind that preschoolers are at the age where their love for learning can be enhanced by taking part in appropriate, meaningful activities. Our curriculum is play-based, giving your children the chance to develop social skills while using their imaginations, making their own decisions and managing their feelings. In our classroom, while they are “playing”, you will see them planning, building, pretending, developing large and small muscle skills, being creative (and sometimes messy!) with art materials, learning math concepts, exploring the wonders of science, developing language skills, following directions, writing letters, drawing pictures, listening, singing, dancing. . . .well, you get the idea! There are many ways to enrich the lives of 3, 4 and 5 year olds at preschool!
What Makes Us Different
- Our program consists of one classroom with a low teacher/child ratio that is effective in creating a great learning experience for young children.
- We have earned our NAEYC accreditation.
- We offer a 2, 3 or 5 day schedule for children between the ages of 2.9 and 6 years.
- Our parent communication is outstanding, with two written progress summaries along with two to three scheduled conferences each school year. Written details of the children's day at school are sent home regularly.
- We are active in the Holliston Early Childhood Council.